Whether you're starting from seed or with purchased seedlings, your plant babies need all the nutrients, minerals, and microbial life in their early stages to grow big and bountiful. We've got you covered with our tried & tested Seedling Mix.
A combination of worm castings and sifted compost, completed with perlite to give your plants all the structure, nutrients, and bacteria they need in their critical early growing stage.
- Shipping February 2021 to align with the beginning of gardening season. If you need yours earlier just let us know!
- 7.5litres per bag - perfectly measured to fill an 11" x 22" seedling tray.
- Suitable for both Indoor & Outdoor plants
- Suitable for starting seeds or transplanting seedlings
- Highest performing blend - a combination of Worm Castings, Compost, and Perlite.
- 100% Odourless Slow-Release Nutrients
- Microbial life to increase plant strength
- High water retention for longer lasting moisture
- Fill: Fill your seedling tray up to 1cm from the top with Mind & Soil Seedling Mix
- Seed: Place 3 seeds in each cell to maximize the likelihood of germination.
- Water: Generously water each cell ensuring the seeds are watered - a moist environment is needed for germination
- Top-Up: Add 1cm of Seedling Mix to cover the seed and fill the tray. Generously water.
REPOTTING SEEDLINGS AND INDOOR PLANTS
- Fill Container: Fill the new container 50% with Mind & Soil Seedling Mix
- Repot: Move the seedling or indoor plant into the new container that you jus filled.
- Top-Up: Fill the sides of the container up to the top so that the plant is firmly sitting in the seedling mix
- Water: Water accordingly for the type of plant. Note: Water retention is higher with worm castings so you will not need as much water and/or to water as often.
TRANSPLANTING SEEDLINGS INTO GARDEN BEDS
- Dig: Dig a hole deep enough to bury the seedling's existing root system and soil.
- Sprinkle: Sprinkle 3 handfuls of Mind & Soil Seedling Mix into the bottom of this hole. Move the seedling from its tray/pot into this hole.
- Backfill: Backfill the sides of the hole with the existing soil so that the seedling is firmly set in the garden bed.
- Sprinkle: Sprinkle 4 handfuls of Mind & Soil Seedling Mix at the base of the plant. Water generously.
For full application instructions visit @mindandsoil on Instagram and click on the Highlight titled "Application".