- Bimetal strip that bends one way if heated, and the opposite way if cooled
- Temperature shown in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- 5" diameter case with teardrop aperture for hanging
- Can be used indoors (seed starting) and outdoors (transplanting / full season)
HOW TO USE:
- Temperature: Place anywhere in garden, greenhouse, window well, etc. Each morning reset the thermometer to zero and, over the day, the bimetal strip will push the red marker to the right, indicating the high for the day/night, and the blue marker to the left, indicating the low for the day/night.
- Extend the Season: Utilize DIY Greenhouses to create more favourable early season and end-of-season growing conditions. For example, covering your garden bed could allow you to transplant earlier if you are able to determine that the low temperature is above what it needs to be for the specific plant you're looking to grow
- Garden Planning / Plant Placement: Intimately understand your microclimate by placing the Min-Max Thermometer in different areas of the garden to understand how the different areas of the garden may differ from a temperature perspective based on environmental factors such as access to sun.